Friday, November 20, 2009

These Shoes, This Watch

When I was little, my parents let me pick out my clothes. I would pull out all of my selections the night before, laying them on the carpet in the shape of a body. Striped leggings, plaid tops, heart print socks, and sometimes ropes of plastic beads and scores of baby barrettes. I'd snuggle into my bed satisfied, knowing I would be putting my best sneaker forward in the morning.
These days I opt for a softer pallet. I obsess over one or two pieces at a time, and expect them to carry each and every outfit. Like this clear-banded Ike watch or these vintage Gucci loafers with bamboo detailing. These items will carry me through months of wearing greys, blacks and whites in knits, cottons and wools.
This blog is about our little fashion obsessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment