Sunday, November 22, 2009

Riding Boots, Brown, 6.5

This fall, all I wanted were some brown riding boots and an awesome charm bracelet. It is now closing in on Thanksgiving, and what do I have? Nothing. A lot more sweaters. I know exactly why this happened, but I will let it happen again and again. First I get the thought in my head that I want some flat riding boots. But they have to be brown. Not just any brown mind you, but a nice warm tobacco. Not some flat chocolate or taupe variety, no sir. Well "what is tobacco?" you wonder. Let me tell you: at this point it is so fetishized in my mind EVEN I DON'T KNOW. I think one person used that word to describe the color on Etsy, and I am so disheartened by the fact that those boots got away from me while I hemmed and hawed that I will stop at nothing to find that color again.
So then I decide that they can't just be plain, they have to have some kind of detail around the ankle like a buckle or a braid (see two pairs above that I have had on my favorites list for a few months now). But the buckle is too plain looking and the braid has these little pointy ends that remind me of a cheap cowgirl costume. I just can't pull the trigger.
Same thing with the charm bracelets. I think vintage charm bracelets are so special because each little piece tells a story. I've come across Avon themed ones, golf ones, gold ones from the sisterhood, camp souvenirs, estate good luck charms, you name it. Maybe that is the problem, they just don't feel like mine. Who wants to steal someone else's story to make it their own? Someone out there please make me my very own charm bracelet! And, yes, I will know if it came from Betsey Johnson, I have spent plenty of time looking at those too.


No comments:

Post a Comment